Saturday, January 12, 2008

Same Same but Different

I am currently in a beach town called Nah Trang (I think thats how you spell it). Since my last post I have had an ablosulte amazing time in Vietnam. I went to Halong Bay which is beautiful (my memory card broke halfway through so I have some photos). On the boat we had a great group of which I hung out with three Australian guys the whole time. They were absolutely crazy. To give you an idea they were like three drunk Siamacs, very loud and obnoxious. That night on the boat they brought a bunch of vodka and we drank it all and did karaoke all night. We owned the boat. We sang so many songs that I cant even remember which ones we sang! After that I returned to Hanoi and re-entered the terrible traffic. I have gotten really good at crossing the streets now. I just act like I own the road and walk across the street at a constant pace. If you walk fast or stop, youre probably going to get hit. I bought some postcards to bring back because they actually show how crazy the traffic is. My pictures dont do it justice. From Hanoi I took a night train to a city called Hoi An in central Vietnam. It was a great little town. I splurged and bought two suits and two shirts. I broke the budget with it but I saved a lot of money compared to buying them back home. While there I met 4 Aussie girls who cracked me up. I was basically their brother. One night i took three seperate trips taking them home because they drank too much. After Hoi An I took a sleeper bus to the town of Nah Trang. I took some sleeping pills and it was a great ride. All there is to do here is literally lay on the beach and I have been soaking up some good rays. Last night I had dinner at a place and I was the only person eating there. I ended up eating dinner with my waiter who was trying to learn english. I taught him english over my dinner and we had a great time together. After this I will probably go back to my hotel and then to the beach to lay out for a while. I leave tomorrow morning for Saigon (Ho Chi Min City) before heading to Cambodia and eventually Southern Thailand. Hope everyone is doing good and I cant wait to see all of you!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of resent that there Kyle. i don't even drink anymore. But i guess you owed me one. Enjoy Vietnam you butt.

Siamac Phillip Benetar

Anonymous said...

Hi kyle,
granpa & I just read your blog page & really enjoyed hearing about all your travels. sounds like you are having a great time & seeing lots of country. I sent you a e-mail & found out (via dad) you would't get it, so your dad walked me through how to get to you via this page. not to much going on here, except cold, rain,snow & yesterday had some sun yea!! wow only 3 weeks & you'll be home, can't wait to see you & here all your stories. have fun, looking forward to your next blog!
love granma & granpa