Friday, December 21, 2007

First Leg: Northern Thailand

Well I will start of with an apology for not keeping up with this blog. Its been a combination of hectic travel and me just being lazy. So far the trip has been great and I am very happy to be here. Currently I am in a small town in Northern Thailand called Pai, but pronounced "bye". The trip started out in Bangkok where I met up with Mr. Doof. We had a good time before heading to a town called Kanchanaburi just west of Bangkok. While there we rented to motorcycles and drove them all over. The highlights were going to a Tiger Temple and a waterfall. At this time alcohol sale was prohibited for the elections so the nights were a little mellow. From there we went back to Bangkok and I spent one more night with Doof before heading up to Chang Mai. The overnight bus I took was terrible and I didn't sleep at all. I only spent one day in Chang Mai before heading to Pai. In Chang Mai I went and saw a Muay Thai fight and went to a cool rooftop bar. Now I am in Pai and have rented another motorcycle and drove around today with my friend Yaress who is fromo Slovenia. We are going to travel together for the next couple weeks. Anyways the trip is great so far and the people are so nice. Below I have posted some pictures.



Eating ant Salad in Bangkok. Motorcycling in Kanchanaburi




The Pai Group. Hanging out with the Tigers




The Muay Thai Fight. Not the best video because it was much more intense.

5 comments:

Brandon said...

Looks like you're having fun so far. Hope all is well!

Aunt Molly said...

Kyle,
Merry Christmas! I am looking at your blog site - and will keep up and send you messages. Erin is enjoying the Cinnabon Cinnamom Rolls I brought over. I keep forgetting we do not have the big eaters around that we have had in past years. Went to see the movie, "The Debaters", very good! Will keep in touch, miss you! Aunt Molly

Lawrence Winkler said...

Merry Christmas,

Mom wants to know if you have bought her Silver yet.

Molly says the Ant Salad looks like a salad they had week at McDonalds.

Great to speak with you last night. Anxious to hear about you SlowBoat on the Mekong.

Love, Mom, Dad, Erin and Molly

Amii said...

Hi Kyle,
It is Amii and Aunt Debbie...its looks like you are having some great adventures!! We loved looking at your pictures. Be safe and make good choices!!! Have a great New Year....by the way when are you coming home????

Carol Boyd said...

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle!! This is Mom Carol. We didn't know you had a blog until 1/15, aka Ryans Birthday, He's 18. How Weird! Carlee read from your blog while Tim and I were cooking dinner. It sound like you are having a fantastic time. Have you eaten real ants on a real log! Carlee said you eaten some really crazy things. I hope Tim and I can travel like that someday.

Love Ya Carol

Hey stud, It sound like you are having a great time. Let get together for a beer when you get back. I would like to here about all of you adventures.
Be safe.

Tim